5 Tips To Keep You Safe And Healthy While In Your Garden From Your Health Insurance Ca Agency
Spring and Summer bring amazing weather in Ventura County, which means it is a great time to get back out into your gardens and play in the dirt. Digging new flowerbeds and planting new seeds are great ways to get physical activity, help your community, go green, and enjoy the great outdoors. With all the positives gardening has to offer, it is important to protect yourself and take the proper precautions while you are working outside.
1. Dress to Protect Yourself: skin cancer is on the rise due to frequent sun exposure. Make sure to always wear sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher when working outside. Also wear a hat to give added protection to your face, scalp ears, and neck. Wear gardening gloves to protect your hands and arms from cuts or skin irritations.
2. Pay Attention To The Heat: it is important to know your limits when it comes to heat, especially in Southern California. Use common sense when working in the hot temperatures and make sure to stay hydrated throughout the day.
3. Safety First: be aware of potential hazards to prevent any injury and read all labels before using chemicals or operating any equipment that is new to you.
4. Heavy Lifting: Adding Rocks or large pots to your garden? Moving heavy things can cause injury, for your safety, remember to always lift with your knees and not with your back.
5. Check Before Going Into The Ground: choosing the placement of trees and plants is important for home safety. Make sure roots won't damage underground power lines, crack a septic tank, or damage your homes foundation.
While it is important to implement these proper health and safety tips, accidents can happen, which is why health insurance Ca is so important. Call John E. Peakes Insurance Agency today so we can set you up with the best health insurance policy for your specific needs.