Here’s why all drivers can benefit from securing roadside assistance insurance.
As a responsible driver, you probably already have standard auto insurance in Lancaster, California in place. However, there are other optional coverages you should consider adding to your policy. For instance, roadside assistance coverage is something every motorist can benefit from. But what is roadside assistance and why is it so beneficial? Here’s what you need to know.
What Does It Cover?
In general terms, roadside assistance insurance will cover the cost of a service professional driving out to your broken down vehicle and making minor repairs to get you back on the road. Please keep in mind that this type of insurance will not cover the repairs from a major mechanical breakdown or an auto accident. These types of repairs will be covered by your auto warranty and collision insurance respectively. However, this does not mean that roadside assistance coverages are limited. Here are some of commonly covered roadside assistance services:
- Towing service: If your car cannot be immediately fixed by the service professional, roadside assistance will cover the cost of towing your car to a nearby garage.
- Battery jumpstart service: If your battery dies, roadside assistance will cover the cost of a service professional driving over to jumpstart or change out your car’s battery.
- Flat tire service: If you blow a tire, roadside assistance will also cover the cost of having someone come out and change your flat tire.
- Lockout service: If you accidentally lock yourself out of your car, roadside assistance will cover the cost of a service professional or locksmith unlocking your car door.
- Fuel delivery service: If you run out of gas while you’re driving, roadside assistance will cover the cost of a service professional bringing you enough fuel to make it to the nearest gas station.
- Extrication service: If your car gets stuck (like in mud, sand, or a hole), roadside assistance will help you cover the cost of having someone come out and help you dislodge your vehicle.
Who Needs It?
As previously mentioned, roadside assistance insurance is recommended for all drivers. This is because every motorist at some point in their lives will experience a dead battery, flat tire, or other minor breakdown events. When you have roadside assistance coverage, you can get the help you need quickly without draining your bank account. Individuals who own older vehicles and routinely travel long distances are particularly encouraged to secure this coverage, as they are more likely to experience a breakdown.
This is what roadside assistance will cover and who needs it. Do you have additional questions regarding your auto insurance in Lancaster, California? If so, contact the experts at John E. Peakes Insurance Agency. We are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.