How to prevent common business insurance claims.
As a business owner, you know that you are subject to certain types of risk. This is why it’s so important to have the right commercial insurance in place. However, your coverage should be used as a last resort. To prevent common business insurance claims, here are some of the precautions that you should take.
Burglary and Theft
- Installing burglar alarms and surveillance cameras and publicizing these security measures can help you reduce your chances of being burglarized.
- Burglars prefer to work under the cover of darkness. By installing bright lights outside of your business, you can deter all but the boldest thieves.
- Oftentimes, businesses are robbed by their own employees. By encouraging staff members to keep an eye out for suspicious behavior and setting up a system for anonymous reporting, you can catch and fire employees who are defrauding your company.
- Installing connected smoke alarms and a central sprinkler system can alert you to fire risks and keep fire damage to a minimum.
- You should keep fire extinguishers within easy reach so employees can quickly respond to a fire risk as soon as one breaks out.
- If your company uses equipment or handles processes involving fire, then you should ensure that all staff members receive intensive safety training. When your staff knows how to safely operate equipment and mitigate fire risks, you can prevent a major fire incident at your place of business.
- To reduce the chances of employees or customers tripping and injuring themselves while on your business’s property, you should make sure that hallways and walkways are clear of clutter and other tripping hazards.
- Dim lighting can cause an employee or customer to miss a fall risk. Installing bright lights throughout your business’s property can help you avoid this risk.
- Puddles pose a major slip risk for employees and customers. If you have a leaky faucet or if there is a spill in a common area, then make sure you address these issues right away. This will ensure that employees and customers don’t slip and injure themselves.
These are some of the precautions that you should take to prevent common business insurance claims. Remember, having the right commercial coverage is another way to keep your business safe. For assistance with all your business insurance needs, contact the experts at John E. Peakes Insurance Agency today.